About Me

My photo
After getting my first passport in 2006 and traveling to climb Kilimanjaro in Tanzania my life changed. I began the process of getting rid of all my possessions and traveling the world. Traveling to over 125 countries and all 7 continents, hostels have been my home. This "new life" has taught me what is important and it was NOT accumulating money or possessions. Traveling is the best education. I hope my blog will encourage others to travel. My World Tattoo was a way for me to express my PASSION FOR TRAVEL.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another day in Skagway

6/15/11

Still amazed at the number of people that descend on Broadway Street in Skagway each day. There are always 2-4 cruise ships arriving with up to 12,000 people. Luckily for those staying here it ends each evening as the people board their enormous ships and set sail. The town must make their profit for the year in the 3 months of tourist season. After that, most board up their stores until spring except for 2 cafes and the local grocery store.

Today is the last full day in Skagway. Leave tomorrow on the 10 am ferry for Juneau. Expecting another beautiful day and hope to see whales and seals. Will do a little hiking to Reid Falls later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment